Record Store Day
Record Store Day (R.S.D) will be held on Saturday 20th April 2024
You can find out more about this event HERE
There is a great series of BEHIND THE COUNTER where you can find out about the record stores that take part and locate your nearest participating indie store HERE
The list of what will be available is below, with full details HERE
We can't confirm prices yet however we have a tried and tested system now and we are going with this again this year. For anyone who doesn't know it's this:
- Study the list
- Make a note of what you would like
- EMAIL us your wish list to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 3rd March
- We will order these items in, if we have an account to do so
- There is no guarantee we will be sent them, due to the limited numbers of stock
- Once we have checked everything off, we will load the list of what we have for sale on our website with quantities and prices.
- These will be for sale in-store only; we cannot sell anything online until after the day
- It's first come, first served. Just because you asked for something doesn't mean it's yours. R.S.D rules are no holds, no reserves for any reason
- We cannot sell anything before 8.00 a.m, so bring your wish list with you
- Printed/written on paper no phones
- ONE copy per title per person, you can't add one for a "friend" as that's not fair on people further back in the queue.
- We will take your list and pull what stock we have and hold it behind the till (we normally start this at 6.00 a.m)
- We will open at 8.00 a.m for you to browse and pay
There is a list of F.A.Qs about the event and rules HERE and our local ones below
What time should I start queuing? - Depends how much you want the stock. Last year the first person was there at 9.00 p.m, often there is a queue by midnight and the queue is around the corner when we arrive at around 6.00 a.m
What if the item I wanted has all gone by the time I get there - Don't panic yet; we take lists of items that have sold out in-store and try and source these afterwards. The record companies send out frequent remainder lists.
What if I can't get there on the day? - Ask a friend! We cannot, and will not, hold anything, until the end of the day, or we risk a ban from any future R.S.D events and access to indie exclusives.
When can I buy online? - Typically these are in-store exclusives for a week, so the weekend after R.S.D.